DASP SQL Backupv126.96.36.199 (06/29/2012)
This is an application for performing automatic backups of a DiscountASP.NET MSSQL database. It can be installed as a Windows Service and ran in the background without any user interface. It can also be ran from a Windows Command Prompt or setup as a Task in the Windows Task Scheduler.
If ran as a service, every day at 12:00AM the application will use the DiscountASP.NET Control Panel API to perform a MSSQL database backup, download and rename the backup file, and optionally purge any old backups. An email can be sent with a summary of the results.
All events (success, failures, and errors) are logged in the Windows Application Event Log with a Source of DASP SQL Backup.
- Extract all of the files into any folder on the local hard drive.
- Edit the Databases.XML file. See the DATABASES.XML Configuration section in the README.TXT for details.
- Edit the DSB.Service.exe.config file. See the DSB.SERVICE.EXE.CONFIG Configuration section in the README.TXT for details.
- To install as a Windows Service...from a command prompt with administrator privileges, run dsb.service -install to install the service.
- To run from the Command Prompt...from a command prompt, run dsb.service -console to execute the application.