Website Monitorv184.108.40.206 (12/16/2011)
This is an application for monitoring one or more websites. It installs as a Windows Service and runs in the background without any user interface.
Periodically the application will "hit" a website and optionally check for a particular response. An email alert can be sent if the website either does not respond in a certain amount of time or if it does not respond with the correct information.
All events (success, failures, and errors) are logged in the Windows Application Event Log with a Source of Website Monitor.
- Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Extract all of the files into any folder on the local hard drive.
- Edit the Websites.XML file. See the WEBSITES.XML Configuration section in the README.TXT for details.
- Edit the WSM.Service.exe.config file. See the WSM.SERVICE.EXE.CONFIG Configuration section in the README.TXT for details.
- From a command prompt with administrator privileges, run wsm.service -install to install the service.